GL Studio ES
Seamless Embedded Systems Development from Beginning to End
With touch-screen displays making their way into just about every facet of the consumer domain, from automotive infotainment displays to iPad and Android tablets, the interactive experience will make or break a new product. The powerful development features in GL Studio ES (Embedded Systems) and its single code base yields the ultimate experience in interface development and deployment. GL Studio ES provides optimized and portable interactive 2D and 3D display content that is designed for automotive dashboard and information displays, maritime instruments, industrial controls, consumer electronics and various appliances.
Transition your high-end graphical displays from prototyping, to testing, to deployment seamlessly with GL Studio ES. GL Studio ES is the unifying bridge between the graphics artist’s vision, the application developer’s control, and the embedded system’s display hardware.
- Streamlines the embedded application development process
- Optimized and portable content designed specifically for embedded systems
- Multiple deployment platforms, including Apple iOS, Android, and embedded Linux
- 10 to 1 savings over hand coding
- One design for multiple target systems
- 100% correlation to Industrial Designer’s vision
Take a look at our GL Studio ES datasheet, or browse our literature to find the perfect solution for your development.
Discover how our customers have used GL Studio to create their own user interface solutions.
Not sure which GL Studio bundle is right for you? Use our feature matrix to compare GL Studio offerings.
Ready to try it out? Request a free download and start developing today!
GL Studio is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) development toolkit that allows users to create rich 2D and 3D interactive graphics with Object-Oriented behavior embedded in each software object. The core of GL Studio’s success is the Reusable Software Object (RSO); not only can you program in Object-Oriented languages within the GL Studio Editor, you can also generate Object-Oriented code that makes calls to the OpenGL-based implementations in the GL Studio libraries.
You have the ability to generate human readable C++ source code, which is used to build RSOs. As the RSOs are developed in-house and logically sectioned off from the parent designs, they become valuable corporate assets that developers can use from one program to another. This allows companies to leverage the RSOs to reduce development costs and maximize profits.
GL Studio is an OpenGL-based application.
- OpenGL Accelerated Graphics Card (NVidia recommended)
- 512 MB RAM or better
- 1GHz Processor or better
- Optional: sound card capable of reproducing digitized audio
- OpenGL version 1.1 or later
- GL Utility Libraries (GLU) version 1.2 or later
- A supported C++ Compiler
- The GlsVideoTexture and GlsMovieTexture features require DirectX version 7 or later
GL Studio ES includes the following capabilities, delivering a comprehensive development environment designed to aid in rapid interface production and deployment:
- Both C++ and ES C++ code generators
- ES runtime libraries compatible with OpenGL ES v1.1 and v2.0
- Floating License
- First Year of Support & Maintenance
- iOS Toolkit: offers OpenGL ES v1.1 and v2.0 runtime libraries and an xCode application wizard to easily configure the application build framework. Also includes royalty-free distribution of content for Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
- Android Toolkit (Optional): offers OpenGL ES v1.1 and v2.0 runtime libraries to match the desired Android system configuration. Also includes royalty-free distribution of content on commercially available Android tablets and smartphones.
- Custom Port (Optional): The power of GL Studio is in its portability. Contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
- C++ code generator
- EC++ code generator
- Interface from PSD images
- Animated schematics
- Document generation
- Python scripting support
- First year of Support & Maintenance
- Unicode text
- Nine patch graphics
- Animation support
- Push buttons
- OpenGL ES
- Windows, Linux, iOS, Android